The best part? If you own a Serious Sam game listed below you’ll be getting a Serious Sam Fusion 2017 version of that game for FREE!
Serious Sam Fusion 2017 is also a central hub for existing (and upcoming) Serious Sam games that will enable seamless integration of new engine features, patches and upgrades.
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter – now available!
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter – now available!
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- VR versions of all games will be a part of Serious Sam Fusion 2017, too!
Please keep in mind that this release of Serious Sam Fusion 2017 is currently in beta; you’ll experience extreme violence, inexplicable joy, some sadness, sometimes all at once, and, how shall we put it… eeerm, occasional bugs. Please use the official discussions page to let us know. Thank you!Serious Sam Fusion 2017 will enable a lot of cool new features, like a common workshop and cross-game mods. All of the games can be started from one application, so you can jump between playing The First Encounter level to a Serious Sam 3 level and back without exiting the game. When listing game servers, servers playing TFE, TSE, SS3 – will all appear in the same list and you can vote map across games if you want. Oh, and VR games will be able to be played in multiplayer together with their flat counterparts!
Since there are so many changes and exciting new features, we’ll just go ahead a list them here as bullet points.
- All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
- 64bit executables
- Support for Vulkan API (DirectX9 is now being removed)
- Multithreaded rendering
- The new “light-weight” savegame system – savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
- Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks
- Proper multimonitor support
- Borderless window support
- Customizable sound outputs
- Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer (the same approach as used in the old Classic games)
- Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement
- Texture streaming in all games
- Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting (including better support for scripting networked games)
- Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 – 4590 equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 class GPU with 1GB VRAM (nVidia GeForce 480 GTX, AMD Radeon HD 5870)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Additional Notes: This minimum configuration will not be able to run the VR version. Internet connection required for product activation for the first time. After that, a persistent connection is not required to play the game.